The main concern of Tobacco Control would be to supply a forum for research, analysis, commentary, and debate on policies, programmes, and methods which can be more likely to further the objectives of the comprehensive tobacco control policy. In documents submitted for review the introduction should suggest why the study reported or problems discussed are very important with regards to managing tobacco use, in addition to conversation area will include an analysis of how a research reported plays a role in tobacco control goals.
Documents firmly anchored to a policy that is strategic programme context are more inclined to be accepted for book. Because the log seeks to achieve a readership that is international writers must look into whether their intended submissions target issues or themes, that are probably be of great interest to scientists employed in other nations. Extremely parochial dilemmas, that have few lessons for tobacco control policy outside a paper’s local context, are not likely to be provided with priority that is high. The manuscripts editors will generally speaking perhaps perhaps maybe not offer high priority to:
- Studies of smoking cigarettes prevalence and its own correlates. They are well suitable to journals that are national. Few people residing outside a national nation have an interest in whether that nation has 30% or 35% of cigarette cigarette smokers.
- Knowledge, attitudes, behaviour (KAB) studies of particular populace teams or medical researchers. Again, they are better suited to national journals or even health expert speciality journals. Few individuals in other countries will tend to be thinking about (for example) whether nurses in a hospital that is regional enthusiastic about helping patients quit. Nationwide studies, and the ones using studies that are such initial areas are of more interest.
- Reports that evoke unanimous “so what?” responses from the editors. They are documents with findings that appear to hold no importance that is obvious changing policy or training in tobacco control. They often times show methodological finery, but don’t take us anywhere crucial or interesting.
- Advice pieces where in fact the viewpoints are unoriginal, badly argued, naive or neglect for essential issues that are ethical favor of sloganeering.
- Documents that show the writers have not opened Tobacco Control and never comprehend its focus that is primary on control in place of on tobacco as well as its usage and wellness effects. We have been enthusiastic about such documents, but only when their writers address the implications of the findings for tobacco control.
- Papers with glaringly obvious, deadly problems that are methodological.
- Documents on topics that want very technical or discipline-specific language not likely to be recognized by the greater part of readers.
- Documents that are replications of already well-established findings or provide little information that is new.
- Neighborhood studies in which the implications for the journal’s international market are ambiguous.
- Reports written for governments or regional wellness authorities that some body thought could be offered a fast make-over and presented as a log paper.
Tobacco Control adheres towards the greatest criteria concerning its editorial policies on book ethics, clinical misconduct, consent and peer review criteria. To look at all BMJ Journal policies please relate to the BMJ Author Hub policies web web page.
Articles are posted under a licence that is exclusive non-exclusive licence for British Crown workers or where BMJ has agreed CC BY is applicable. The terms are as stated in accordance with our licence terms for US Federal Government officers or employees acting as part of their official duties. Writers or their employers retain copyright. Start access articles could be reused beneath the regards to the appropriate innovative Commons licence to facilitate reuse regarding the content; please relate to the Tobacco Control Author Licence for the Creative that is applicable commons.
Tobacco industry funded work
Tobacco Control will likely not think about for book papers work that is reporting, in entire or perhaps in component, by a tobacco business or tobacco industry company. Nor will the consider that is journal by writers who accept tobacco industry financing, including financing for research expenses, for several or element of any author’s salary, or other types of individual remuneration. For more information, please check this out editorial offering the thinking behind the journal’s policy. Failure to declare contending passions at distribution, or whenever a write-up is commissioned, may result in instant rejection associated with the paper. If your contending interest comes to light after book, Tobacco Control will issue an official modification to or retraction of this entire paper, as appropriate.
Material previously published online
Tobacco Control is ready to start thinking about documents based wholly or perhaps in component on product previously posted on the web. But writers should think about an editorial with this topic: Prior book on the internet: new log policy. The editor keeps the right that is customary make modifications however you like of course essential to reduce, using the approval associated with author(s), product accepted for publication. Any written or material that is illustrative happens to be posted somewhere else must certanly be duly recognized and associated with the penned consent for the copyright owner (this might be the publisher as opposed to the writer).
Under special circumstances where a paper’s findings have actually instantly policy that is relevant warranting urgent book, manuscripts can be fast tracked in front of the normal queue of documents. If you feel that you have actually good factors why this might be real for the paper, please information these in a employment cover letter, describing the necessity of your projects for the industry in addition to explanation you are feeling it really is of adequate value to be managed urgently. This request will not guarantee that the editors will concur, and just a few papers per year are going to be expedited with this foundation, however it might help the editors to judge the paper’s value when you look at the present context.
Formatting, terms and revised manuscripts
Documents on e cigarettes should utilize the term cigarettes that are‘electronic on very first usage, after which the abbreviation ‘e-cigarettes’ may be applied. Documents on other delivery that is nicotine may continue using the word ‘electronic smoking distribution systems’ followed by the abbreviation ‘ENDS’ after very very very first usage.
Whenever uploading a revised manuscript, writers also needs to consist of an independent manuscript file showcasing the tracked changes to exhibit the editors the distinction through the version that is previous. The monitored modifications document should always be uploaded as a supplementary file.
Analysis reporting gu >
BMJ calls for conformity to your reporting that is following. Please upload the appropriate finished list for your submission to your study type, and label it “Research checklist”. If no relevant list can be acquired for the research kind, this is suggested in the submission type.
CONSORT statement – Required for all randomised managed studies
PRISMA statement – necessary for all systematic reviews
EVEREST statement – Required for several financial evaluations
STARD statement – Required for many research that is diagnostic
STROBE statement – necessary for all observational studies
SQUIRE statement – Required for several quality enhancement studies
Guidance and types can be found from EQUATOR.
We welcome video clip abstracts to come with accepted research articles. These enable authors to physically talk through their work beyond the restrictions of the article that is formal improve the user’s understanding. Note that people will likely not request you to start thinking about publishing a video clip abstract until your paper happens to be accepted can someone write my paper for me. Please usually do not try to upload a video clip abstract upon initial submission of the manuscript.
There are lots of tutorials online which could guide the creation of a video clip abstract, using commonly and frequently easily available pc software. Windows Movie Maker and Apple iMovie would be the many examples that are common. Samples of movie abstracts can be found from The BMJ. Here are a guidelines that are few making a video clip abstract. Authors might also desire to ask their institution’s press/media workplace for help.
- Movie abstracts must not last for a longer time than 4 moments.
- This content and concentrate for the movie must connect straight to the scholarly research that is accepted for publication, and really should maybe perhaps not stray beyond the info. We suggest itself i.e. briefly outline the background/context of the study, present your research objective, outline the methods used, present the key results and then discuss the implications of the outcomes that you follow the same structure as the paper.
- The presentation and content regarding the video clip should really be in a method plus in terms that’ll be understandable and accessible to a basic medical market. The language that is main be English, but we welcome subtitles an additional language. Please avoid jargon that’ll not be acquainted to an extensive medical audience, nor make use of abbreviations.
- Writers often talk straight into the digital camera and/or provide a slideshow, but we encourage the utilization of other appropriate artistic and material that is audiosuch as for example animations, video clips, nevertheless photographs, figures, infographics). If you wish to utilize product from formerly posted work or off their sources, please receive the appropriate permissions through the appropriate publisher or copyright owner.